We are excited to return to our blog series, 5 Things! This series gives an inside peek at our team members’ favorite things! Today we are featuring one of our newest employees, fabricator Misty Greer. Misty spent her teen years in Seattle before heading to Brooklyn, NY, where she attended Pratt Institute. She is cross-training in all of our departments and brings fantastic energy to our team.
1. I love spending time with my dog Honey and my son! We love getting breakfast at the local spot, Cocina Azul.
2. My favorite writers are Augusten Burroughs and David Sedaris. Burroughs because he finds humor in darkness, and Sedaris for finding humor and intrigue in the mundane.
3. I am a vintage huntress and collector of antiques. I love exploring garage and estate sales more than local thrift shops to find the best treasures.
4. If I had to choose, my favorite music is a combo of old-school hip hop, Fela Kuti, and dancehall reggae.
5. I love my amazing colleagues(and their pets!) here at Submaterial. My favorite design is the Divvy Screen | Lyric. I’ve always been drawn to antique wood and metal, so even though Lyric is made of cork, it has the same feel, balancing hard and soft, retro and modern, all in one piece.